Thursday, January 29, 2009

Thurs. night at the shelter

Here I am at the shelter hanging out while the dogs finish supper and rest a bit. Sarah is on vacation and lots of people are covering shifts for her. I was out last week so signed up for this week Thurs/Fri. I forgot that it was Chinese New Year or I could have signed up for more nights since I don't have any night time calls this week. Baxter came to the shelter with me. He has been coughing a bit over the last 2 days but Mallory told me had his bordatella in Dec. so it shouldn't be that. I gave him some Benadryl and it seemed to help until he was pulling hard on his leash and then he was hacking again. I will keep to the Benadryl and see how that goes. I brought him with me to the shelter tonight so he could see Karma and also so that I don't need to crate him at home. Ben is doing his senior project presentation this afternoon and I left the house a little after he did so that I could get here in time to ask any questions to Mallory and make sure I could get in. The spare keys are supposed to be dropped off to me tonight so I can lock up.

There is a new boxer mix here named Casey. She is totally off of her right rear leg. She has a knee surgery scar. There is a note on the board about doing a followup at ATA, but she is pretty lame on that leg right now and the knee looks oddly shaped to me. She is mostly boxer and has a natural boxer tail. She seems very nice, but underweight and injured. Sad.

No comments: