Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Winter Time

Well, I was gone last week and Baxter stayed at the shelter so no blog posts. I picked him back up last Friday and I worked at the shelter on Sat. and while I was there Genieve was sorting doggie clothes. I picked out 2 jackets for Baxter as the weather has been turning cold. I walked him in his Fido Fleece yesterday and today. He doesn't like his paws messed with and you have to put his legs through the jacket, so that is a challenge with him squirming, but he looks warmer in it and he doesn't seem to mind it when it is on. He loves to go for a walk and it facilitates it, so he is ok with that.

From Baxter


Baxter has done a few more treadmill sessions. Tonight I had him up to 2.4 mph while I was feeding him jerky treats. He was fine at that speed but as I looked down, I saw his paws were very dirty/muddy and he was tossing dirt off the back of the treadmill. I only kept him on there like 5 minutes and then I had to take him out to clean his feet outside and then come inside to sweep.

No comments: