Saturday, April 19, 2008

Another day, another hmm, what would be the end of that sentence

Petco adoption day was slow today, but that is normal. I took KD and Heidi and Josey. We setup outside since the weather was so nice. We did get an application on Heidi, but they had called the shelter and asked that we bring her so they didn't have to go out to the shelter, so that wasn't a surprise.

Adrien was pretty good this morning. She didn't get her no bite collar off last night. She was laying into the corner of her crate when I saw her last before heading to bed. These collars make it hard for her to lay down normally. I hung out with her in the xpen so she could eat and drink and I pet her and got her laying down and then as time came closer for me to go to adoption day, I gave her the tranquilizer and let it slow her down. She didn't want to get in the crate, but Ben told me she was sleeping well when he got up. She wasn't overly cooperative on the ice packs. I did use a much colder pack and I got it done a couple of times today, but the leg is still plenty swollen and has a little weeping. It isn't as inflamed, but it has a long way to go to be looking okay. While at Petco today, I picked up an inflatable ring collar. It is an alternative to the ecollar and no bite. It looked like it might be less uncomfortable than the no bite. Not that the nb collar isn't working, I am just checking out an alternative.

I came home from Petco (after a stop at the grocery store) and Adrien thought I was going to come let her out of the crate. She was mistaken. I had to make dinner for the Passover Sedar and then after we finished and cleaned a little, I let her out to go in the yard and then took her in the pen to take off the no bite and to let her eat/drink and got her laying down to neosporin the leg and to ice it. I hung out there in the pen with her for about an hour to an hour and a half and she napped. I finally decided that she was tired and sleepy and I could put the inflatable collar on to see how it worked and let her go for a final potty break and in the crate. The inflatable collar didn't seem to bother her too much, but as with the other collars, she has to lay her chin on the front lip of the crate to get it up so that it matches the extra height of the collar. I need to throw in a pillow tomorrow.

No comments: