Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Surgery plan

Well, the blog was mentioned in the volunteer email newsletter today,so I need to put in the update on the surgery. We are opting for the TPLO. Adrien will go in on the morning of the 16th and home later that day. I think I will take the afternoon off. It works out nicely that a regularly scheduled Wed. afternoon appointment is going to every other week and that is the first off week, so I don't have any commitments if I take a half day. I don't know if Adrien will need an E-collar or not. I will check out the stash at the shelter this weekend. I need to remember to size a collar for her and bring it to the shelter to ensure the sizing of the e-collar. I also think I need an x-pen. I have a XL create that I will probably put her in while I am gone for the day, but I will try to do more working from home the first week after surgery. I guess I should get the x-pen this week so I can see how she does in it and if it will keep her contained or if I need to setup a room that she will have to stay in. I am anxious to hear what post-op info that ATA has for me and what the recovery plan is. Anyone recommend a local dog PT for rehab? I don't know if she likes to swim, but I guess I better check that out now before the surgery to see if that is a possible PT option after she is cleared for that.

No comments: