Wednesday, April 23, 2008

A good checkup

Adrien's leg and incision have been looking pretty good to me. We had a follow-up 1 week post-op today and I gave her the tranq in the morning and she was snoring away while I was on my morning conf. call and then I went to get her up and take her and she "shook it off." She stood the whole car ride to ATA and then stood the whole time we were waiting. They took her back and came out to say things looked really good, keep with it. Come back in 2 weeks for a first xray. That is about 1 week ahead of when I thought they would start xrays, so that is great. I asked about icing, neosporin and tranq. Icing should continue another week, neosporin another 5 days, and only tranq as needed, but they provided them. I will have to see how it goes with her in the crate all day with no tranq. I can work another day from home and see how that goes. They also want the inflatable collar on her to prevent licking of the incision until I go back. I will stick with the practice of having it on in the crate but leaving it off when I am supervising her when she is with me in the xpen or if she stays asleep in the xpen while I go to the table and work where I can watch her. So, next big milestone is May 7th. Xrays are a drop off in the morning and pickup in the afternoon affair like the surgery, so will have to head there right after Ben dropoff.

No comments: