Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Post Surgery

You know that old slam, "if my dog was as ugly as you are .....". I picked up Adrien after surgery and the vet tech who prepped her for surgery shaved the left leg and then realized she was having surgery on her right leg. Her whole backside is shaved, but she isn't going to be walking backwards or forwards for a bit. The post op instructions are strict crate confinement. I had her in the bedroom in the XL crate, but I didn't want to always be back there, so moved it out to the family room. I have her laying down on a comforter in the really closed in XPen and it isn't much more room than the XL crate and she seems to be happier there. Not sure what I am going to do tonight, but I assume crate and try not to listen to her whining. She hasn't had any water yet. I gave her a small amount in a bowl to see if she would drink it and keep it down (post anesthesia),but she hasn't wanted any. I forced her pills down her throat and she is just laying there with her cone on. Looks like she is sleeping. Perhaps I should rouse her so she sleeps later. I tried to take her out to pee, but she didn't want to so I didn't force it. She hasn't had any food/water since about 10 last night but the post op instructions say she may not want to eat or drink tonight. Her backside is very weak right now. They had given her an epidural and now that her right leg has been majorly surgerized, she isn't very mobile at all. I have to lift her midsection/back with a towel as a sling and she doesn't want to move the front legs. Tomorrow may be a different story.

No comments: