Monday, June 4, 2007

3 weeks and counting

Bubby is still doing very well. No signs of side effects from the heartworm treatment. This past weekend was 3 weeks since treatment and her energy level is good. I worry that she gets too excited when I come home. She still needs a few more weeks of quiet time. She spends almost all day just lying in the hallway or a back bedroom hanging out, so that is good. She will be ready to get out of the house on 6/22. I have a few things I already know she needs to work on. She doesn't like the car. Little wonder in that she was dumped at the shelter, brought here, taken for heartworm treatments all in her last car rides. When she is good to go, we are going to take some car rides to the park, to the Petco for treats, etc. She needs some good associations with car rides. She could also use some training. She is very sweet and she can sit on command, but I don't know that she has any other commands. While she recuperates, I think it best to leave that alone, but when she is better, I will work on down, come, etc.

No comments: