Sunday, June 17, 2007

Thursday and the crate

Well, based on the problem behavior, I figured the only alternative was to crate Bubby. I crated her when I left Thurs. morning and Ben let her out when he got up. Everything seemed fine there. I came home early to take him for a haircut and after finishing my last conf. call, I put her in the crate so we could run him over to the haircut place and to shop for dinner. Our friend Lori was coming over for dinner with us and she called to say she got to the house when we were finishing our shopping. When we got home, she told us that she found Bubby making a lot of noise and struggling to try to get out of the crate. The crate is one of those really big plastic ones that I got from the shelter and it had a little crack at the front bottom. Well, Bubby had started chewing on it and made the crack somewhat bigger and cut her mouth and bleed in the crate (you know how mouth cuts are, blood seems to get everywhere) in the process. There were bloody footprints all over the freshly cleaned house (it was cleaning lady day) and blood all in the front of the crate to clean up. So much for crating her.

No comments: