Sunday, June 10, 2007

The plot thickens

A new piece of data and don't know where it fits in the timeline. When I came home from diving yesterday, I noticed a small chunk of wood on the floor in my bedroom. A closer look showed that Bubby had chewed to various degrees (teeth marks up to chunks taken out) 3 of the window sills in my bedroom. The problem is, I didn't do a close inspection of them when I found the well chewed up one in the laundry room on Friday. For all I know, they could have been chewed up at the same time since I always have my bedroom open. Likewise, for all I know, they could have been chewed up previously. I would guess that the cleaning lady would have said something and the last time she came was a week ago. So, we have more chewing and not sure when. I don't think it happened yesterday between the my leaving for diving and Ben getting up later in the afternoon because I gave Bubby 2 benadryl and she had multiple chew toys, but it could have. This could be separation anxiety related and Ben gets up pretty late in the afternoon after staying up so late playing online games. There was a window of time while I was gone and he wasn't up. I think that today I will give her a couple of benadryl and crate her while I am gone diving and Ben can let her out when he gets up. She has a raw hide, a pigs ear, and a ham bone to chew on, let's hope that if she gets the urge, that she opts for one of those things.

No comments: