Thursday, June 28, 2007

Still outside

Well, Bubby has been staying outside without incident. We have been having a lot rain and she goes to the corner of the yard and stays under the tarp. She hasn't gotten too soaked. She comes in for dinner and likes to go out with me for walks. I have taken her for a run the past 4 mornings and she seems to do okay there though she can get spooked but doesn't pull at me hard when she kind of jumps at the end of the leash.

I started trying to take Bubby places as part of the 12 environments in 14 days training that Dana promotes. We went to a park on Tuesday and we went to a different park by car yesterday. Today,I was just too tired to get her out and about. Tomorrow, I think we will try another park and then on Saturday we have Petco.

She wanted to play this evening and I just am not sure how she likes to play. I haven't had any luck with her and a ball or frisbee. There is a soft pull toy with a squeaker in it that she likes. I squeaked it and she played tug a little with it in the house and then went to the door to ask to take it out. I didn't want it outside so squeaked it and threw it into another room. She finally went and got it, but fetch isn't her thing. She is still a bit timid in the house. Perhaps if I get the crate out of the dining room, that might help. She took the toy to the back door again and was jumping up and rearing up on her hind legs like she really wanted to take it out and play so I let her but she just ran out and then ran over to a muddy spot and lay down with the toy. I collected the toy and brought it back in, it is not a good backyard toy.

No comments: